Arçelik A.Ş. complies with all regulations during the life cycle (from design to disposal) of the product, established for protecting the world ecological balances, which are progressively deteriorating.
Along with the current legal regulations set out to this end, Arçelik A.Ş. also complies with the E.U. directives issued in order to provide conformity of the legal measures taken at national levels in European Union member countries, and engages itself with the environmental policy in which this approach has been declared.
Realisation of Arçelik A.Ş.’s environmental approach can only be achieved by including all the collaborators in the supply chain with in this approach.
In 2013, Suppliers (64 local suppliers, which constitute %35 of local supply) had training covering Energy Efficiency. We are planning to cover more suppliers for training in 2014.
Our major expectation is that our suppliers comply with the list of prohibited / restricted substances in order to provide environment-friendly products for our customers. EU REACH requirements also constitute a significant element of our environmental expectations from the suppliers. On this page, you will be able to find an introduction by Arçelik Purchasing Directorate on EU REACH directive and important contact addresses at home and abroad concerning the directive.
Some of the environmental applications realized with suppliers during 2014:
- Process waste is decreased by 50%, emissions are decreased by 70% as a result of improvements at the wet paint processes.
- Nylon waste scrap is decreased by 50% as a result of decreasing the density of nylon bag raw material which is used as a scratch protection on refrigerator handles.
- Utilization of fan motors, which consumes 3% less energy and produced with using 50% less underground resources, is increased.
- Dimensions of the motors are decreased and therefore sheet metal usage is decreased, consequently 50% decrease in volume, decreases both the transportation load and CO2 emissions.
- Through optimizations at the packaging processes of the suppliers, paper consumption is decreased by 20%.
- Increasing the usage of VCC compressors, improvement in energy and sound levels are obtained with respect to conventional products.
- Number of the silent and efficient (BLDC) motors used for washing motors are increased by 20% and therefore energy consumption and operation noise are decreased.
- Transition from carbon-brush motor to brushless motor, which consumes less energy, is realized.