1955-1975 1976-1993 1994-2008 2009 2010
1955 Arçelik A.Ş. is established in Sütlüce.
1959 Arçelik A.Ş. produces the first washing machine in Turkey.
1960 Arçelik A.Ş. produces the first refrigerator in Turkey.
1975 Eskişehir Refrigerator Plant begins production.
1977 Ardem Cooking & Heating Appliances is founded.
Eskişehir Compressor Plant begins production.
1991 R&D Center is founded.
1993 Ankara Dishwasher Production Plant begins production.
1999 Arçelik A.Ş. acquires Ardem Cooking & Heating Appliances.
Arçelik A.Ş., Türk Elektrik Endüstrisi A.Ş.,
Atılım A.Ş. and Gelişim A.Ş. merge to become a single entity.
2006 Refrigerator and Washing Machine Production Plant begin production in Russia.
Washing Machine Production Plant begins operations in China.
Arçelik A.Ş. becomes the largest shareholder in Beko Elektronik A.Ş.
2008 First Tumble Dryer Production Plant begins operations in Çerkezköy.
“A first in the world,” Divide & Cool (DAC): Dividable Cooling Technology is
Legal title of Beko Elektronik A.Ş. is changed to Grundig Elektronik A.Ş.
The merger of Arçelik A.Ş. and Grundig Elektronik A.Ş. is completed.
The first four-door refrigerator is manufactured in Turkey.
With a consumption rate 30% more economical than A class, the “World's Quickest Washing Machine” is manufactured, offering the “Least Energy Consumption in the World” with “14 washing programs.”
Arçelik launches “Super Invertech” with 60 percent more energy-efficient performance in heating and cooling than any other A class air conditioners.
Arçelik's Green Eco-Panel LCD TV with 45% less energy consumption is introduced to consumers.
The world champion in three categories, the “most silent, least water consuming and fastest” dishwasher is introduced to consumers.
Beko becomes the main sponsor of European Basketball Championship EuroBasket 2009, FIBA Asian Basketball Championship and German Basketball League “Basketball Bundesglia.”
Beko becomes the main sponsor of the 2010 FIBA World Basketball Championship held in Turkey.
January - March
Title sponsor of German Basketball League, Beko also sponsors Beko Basketball Bundesliga All Star event held in Bonn.
Arçelik participates in the Community of European Management Schools and International Companies (CEMS) with the cooperation of the Koç University School of Business.
Arçelik Authorized Dealers Meeting is held in Istanbul.
Elektra Bregenz AG introduces its new logo and concept “In Harmony with Your Life” to consumers.
April - June
Arçelik exhibited its new generation acclimatization products in SODEX 2010, the most significant acclimatization exhibition in Europe.
Arçelik launches its new washing machine, 8124 HST Economist, which consumes 50% less power than A energy class.
Arctic celebrates its 40th anniversary.
12th Invention Day awards successful engineers developing innovative products.
Prominent in acclimatization and energy solutions,
Arçelik opens its new Air Conditioner Store.
July – September
The 84-cm Combi No-Frost Refrigerator which has a 600-liter large inner capacity and consumes 15% less energy than A energy class refrigerators is launched.
The first 3D LED television is produced in Turkey.
World's first laundry-recognizing washing machine, 8128 H Autologic is released into the market.
“World's most economical dishwasher” A-30% 62107
HIT Economist is introduced to consumers.
In its 65th anniversary, Grundig introduces its latest products with the slogan “MegaHertz Enthusiasm” in IFA.
Arçelik 92152 TACM two-drawer Built-in Dishwasher is released to consumers.
October – December
Arçelik produces its one millionth washing machine in Russia.
The 9681 ESLTI Built-in Oven equipped with steam power cooking technology is released for the first time in Turkey.
The sponsorship agreement between Beko and the Turkish Basketball Federation is extended.
Arçelik produces a new dishwasher called 63107 HIT - New Ecologist after its combined features. It is the “World's Least Water Consuming” dishwasher with 6-liter water consumption in the Economy 6L program and “One of World's Least Energy Consuming Products” with 30% less energy consumption than A energy class products in its Economy 50°C program.
Arçelik opens its first “Concept” store in Turkey.
2008-2009 the Arçelik A.ﬁ. Sustainability Report is published in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 Principles.
The 7-kg A-20% 2200 ACM Built-in Washing Machine, increasing the standard built-in washing machine capacity by 40%, is produced.
World's first A+++ No Frost refrigerator consuming the least electrical energy in its own class is produced.
JANUARY – MARCH
• “Efficient Cooperation for Energy Efficiency in Household Appliances” movement launched by the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources has been supported.
• 16th Beko store has been launched in Lukavica Istocno Region, within Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
• Beko All-Star Organization held in Trabzon within the scope of Beko Turkish Basketball League sponsorship.
• Arçelik 92104 PFEI, world’s least water consuming semi-built-in dishwasher providing up to 85% water saving compared to hand wash has been manufactured.
• Arçelik A.Ş. Authorized Dealers Meeting held in Antalya with the participation of 1,270 authorized dealers.
• Blomberg brand of Arçelik A.Ş. was preferred in Equinox Net-Zero Energy House in U.S.A., which meets all its energy requirements with solar energy.
• Çelik character, representing the technology, innovation and functionality continued to promote Arçelik A.Ş. innovations together with Çeliknaz, the symbol of design, aesthetics, style and grace.
APRIL - JUNE
• Next generation air-conditioning products of
Arçelik A.Ş. met with the visitors at Sodex Istanbul.
• Arçelik A.Ş. Subsidiary Industry Day held in Istanbul.
• 11th Beko Chess Festival held in İzmir.
• At 14th Invention Day, 455 inventor engineers, manufacturing products with innovative technologies, have been awarded.
• Cactus Dishwasher Project has taken its place among the best practices that will represent Turkey at Rio+20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20) to be held in Brazil.
• Beko brand attended to 17th Shanghai International Bath & Kitchen Exhibition organized in China.
• UK Minister of State for Trade and Investment Lord Stephen Green and Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium Flemish Government and Minister of Innovation, Public Investment, Media and Poverty Reduction visited the washing machine plant in Çayırova, Istanbul.
JULY - SEPTEMBER
• Largest store of Beko in Montenegro launched in Podgorica city.
• Beko Plc., sponsored the terrace pavilion at UKTI's British Business Embassy at Lancaster House.
• Beko attended to Electrolar Show Exhibition, largest electronic exhibition event of South America, organized in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
• Arçelik A.Ş. exhibited its state-of-the-art and cutting-edge technology products at IFA, Europe’s largest technology exhibition, with its international brands Beko and Grundig.
• Beko became the official supporter of FA Cup, which is the world's oldest football tournament, having been organized since 1871 and has awarded Chelsea as last season's winner.
• Beko brand became the new title sponsor of Italian Basketball League, Lega Basket Serie A.
• Strongest teams of Beko Turkish Basketball League, Beko Basketball Bundesliga, Beko Russia Basketball League and Beko Litvania Basketball League brought together at Beko Cup organized in Germany.
OCTOBER - DECEMBER
• Largest Arçelik Store, apart from Turkey, launched in Babek region of Baku, in Azerbaijan.
• Sales and Marketing Companies in Ukraine as Beko Ukraine and in Egypt as Beko Egypt Trading LLC have been established.
• A loan agreement signed with European Investment Bank for financing R&D activities.
• Within the scope 15th year celebrations of the activities in Georgia, Beko launched two new stores and new office and service centers of its Georgia distributor.
• As the member and term spokesman of Turkish Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change Platform, Arçelik A.Ş. represented Turkey at World Climate Summit held in Doha.
• 2011 Sustainability Report has been prepared as per GRI- Global Reporting Initiative standard at “B+” level.
• Arçelik and Beko Authorized Services came together at three different meetings held in Antalya.
• Malaysia Minister of International Trade and Industry, Dato Sri Mustapa Mohamed and South Africa Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry, Elizabeth Thabethe visited Istanbul Çayırova Plant.
• Prime Minister of Romania visited Arctic Refrigerating Appliances Plant in Romania.