1. Who owns Arçelik?
2. On which stock exchange is Arçelik traded and what is the stock symbol?
Istanbul Stock Exchange (1986), Symbol ARCLK
3. How many outstanding shares does Arçelik have?
The nominal value of the issued share capital of Arçelik is TL 675.728.205 divided into 67.572.820.500 shares each with a nominal value of 1.00 Kr.
4. What is Arcelik's official accounting currency?
Consolidated financial results of Arçelik are reported in accordance with IFRS in TL in line with the requirements of CMB.
5. What is Arcelik's dividend policy?
Arcelik A.S. has a consistent dividend policy considering sharholders’ and the company’s interest. When there are no changes in legal requirements or no major exceptional investments other than regular capital expenditures, the long term average of the distributed dividends is not less than 50% of the annual distributable income.
6. Did Arçelik pay out any dividends in 2011 ?
The decisions below are taken in the Ordinary General Assembly dated March 23, 2011, regarding the profit distribution of 2010.
It is resolved to suggest that from the consolidated profit calculated according to Capital Markets Board Legislation
TL 250,000,000.00 As gross dividend to the shareholders,
TL 21,621,358.98 10% as 2nd Group Reserve
and the remaining amount as extraordinary reserve,
Based on our legal records;
To pay distributable cash dividend of TL 250,000,000.00 and second group reserve of TL 21,621,358.98 from the legal profit of current year,
• To pay a gross=net cash dividend of TL 0.36997 at a rate of 37.0 % for one share with a nominal value of TL 1.00, to full taxpayer institutions or to limited taxpayer institution shareholders, who provide dividends through a workplace or permanent represantative in Turkey,
• To pay other shareholders cash dividends for a gross amount of TL 0.36997 and a net amount of TL 0.31449 for one share with a nominal value for TL 1.00 and at a rate of 37.0%;
The dividend distribution date is determined as Tuesday, March 29, 2011 and distribution to shareholders is completed.
7. Could you provide some information about harmonization with EU regulations?
Arcelik is a principal member of CECED (European Committee of Domestic Equipment Manufacturers) and direct member of CECED’s Steering Committee.
As one of the major players in the European appliances market, Arcelik’s production is infull compliance with EU directives and standards.
Arçelik is ready to comply with all EU regulations and new directives, on subjects such as;
ENVIRONMENT: WEEE, RoHS, EUP, Packing Waste, F-Gases
ENERGY: Energy Efficiency, Energy Labelling
CONSUMER PROTECTION: Consumer protection and product safety